Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Why I stand

I stand to develop a deeper reason for standing that merely having a repertoire of cool feelings.

I stand to have a profound connection to universal energy. To the energy we want to conserve in all our challenges right now as a species.

I stand so that I will have a deep well of resources, which will make it easier for me to risk being loving. And that will give me something to give to others.

I stand so that I will be driven by the primal joys of life, not the fears. I stand so that I will recognize real anxiety when I feel it and sift out all the deluded anxieties conditioned into me by a dysfunctional upbringing and society.

I stand because i want to change my body and my brain.

I stand to change my world and hopefully the world.

But I also stand to honour stability and conservation and slow careful change.

I stand so that I will better know what needs to be changed, and what needs to be conserved.

I stand to that I can participate in the world discussion of those things.

I stand to have a more profound, more rooted, more stable sense of being in the world. I stand to help to experience that and then to help others find it.