Monday, October 12, 2009

This is My Purpose

I agree with Eckhart Tolle that allowing consciousness to flow into us is our inner purpose.

So why is it so hard to maintain the practice that allows this?

Why is it so hard for me to get up early in the morning? Why is it so hard for me to stick to my hour? Why so impossible to do a bit in the afternoon when I need that energy boost? Why can't a I do a little before I go to bed?

Why would I rather do all the distracting things I end up doing? If I know, If I believe that this is my liberation?

What do I need to do to commit to my inner purpose?

Well it's easy to commit. But what do I need to do to maintain this commitment? How do I marry my Zhan Zhuang? Because I do believe this is the primary purpose of my life.

I'm going to brainstorm 10 ways.

1. I think the first thing is to do as much of it as I want and can. The more I do it. The more I want to do it.

2. Do it at dawn. Be prepared to hear a voice saying it's too hard, saying I don't feel like it. Be prepared to override that voice at all costs. This is the purpose of my life. My life's mission. No more sleeping in. Believe Ringo. Every day at dawn for six months and "you will change."

3. Make this commitment to the universe. Not to me, but to all sentient beings. Ask the question, repeatedly: Would I be walking away from this commitment if I made it to someone else? Know that I am doing this for the world.

4. Do it like my life depends on it. Because it does.

5. Let Ben know that I'm going to be meditating in the morning from now, and that he has to accept that.

6. When I hear that voice that tells me I can do it later, answer "should I do it later?"

7. Do it as though an audience were waiting for me.

8. Cheer myself as though I were an audience

9. When I'm tempted to go back to sleep, watch the news, avoid my meditation time, advise myself as though I were advising someone else.

10. Know my mission: Who I want to be, What I want to do, What I want to have.