Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Precious Life

Day 5 of this cleanse.  Some back pain last night, but I feel like I'm on the other side of the hump.  Feeling a strong appetite for fruits and vegetables.  Feeling a pervasive energy.  All the signs of renewed vitality.

So how do I make this last?  Or is that the right question?

My liver, my kidneys, my skin, these organs that manage all the toxins are such remarkable feats of engineering.  They will continue to clean me up, regardless of what I put in there. But I don't get to take advantage of their power when I'm overloading them with junk.  So the better question to ask is, how do I maintain my awareness of this energy that is always available to me so that I don't muck it up again?

Smile into the liver.  I read advice in Elizabeth Gilbert's book.

Today I take that to mean, take pride in this wonderful life. Take pride in the Buddha nature that is available to us all. Feel how precious this life and this energy is and treat it like the jewel that it is.

Gratitude is one of the most powerful forces there is in the psyche because it multiplies whatever you apply it to. This morning I feel really grateful for this energy and this body and this life.  I have taken steps to wipe the mud off this treasure, and I hope I have the will to keep it clean.