Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Pervasive Suffering

Day 3 of the cleanse and I'm feeling better. Two hot baths, about three hours of meditation, lots of water. And four Tylenol's to get me through this hump. And I think I'm pretty much through.  Bit of back pain this morning, and a tiny cold.  But I think this time around is a slight improvement on the last.

Now that the worst of the sludge is cleared out, it's time to start digging a little deeper.  It's time to start facing that pervasive, low grade suffering that I don't want to face and prefer to numb with food, Netflix, all the things that are available to us that allow this to build up.

There is, apparently, no scientific support for the theory that a dietary cleanse clears out "toxins."  But my body is telling a different story, that when I cut out addictive things, sugar, caffeine, animal products, gluten, there's a strong reaction. And my past experience tells me that after a while, I start to feel less compulsive in my eating. I feel a purer, cleaner energy supporting me and my wisest decisions.

I know that eating well is important to growth. But I haven't been living that knowledge for too long. Let this be a path that I return to regularly to find myself rooted in my best qualities.