Sunday, July 5, 2015

Clarity

This morning I started my practice feeling confused, hungover, angry after a very painful and infuriating conversation with my mother last night.

There was little I could bring myself to do but sit in this pole of energy.  I had no will left, really.

Yet by the end of this meditation that passed quickly, almost effortlessly, there was a pervasive state of clarity in my body, in the room around my body.  Just clear, empty, lucid peace.

I saw that my mother just wants to be happy, and I saw how sad her confusion really was.  And I saw how fortunate I am to have this energy in my life.  This awareness of awareness.

This awareness that awareness is always aware of awareness. Like breathing.

As I focus on that, I kind of feel that pineal gland, or whatever it is that allows us to feel this pervasive, pure awareness.

I am running more.  My home is clean.  I am conscious of my desire for happiness, and for the effort that brings about happiness.

I feel closer to that place of liberation.  I feel solid in this place of refuge.