Sunday, December 6, 2009

A Plan

My concrete sense of Chi is growing every morning. I'm optimistic that peace and energy are flourishing in me and have a permanent home in this dawn routine.
But how to get this consciousness to flow into my day, instead of dissapating by evening? One of the tricks I've been using to create an antidote to self-hatred and depression has been the habit of countering every negative utterance with a positive cognitive action. "I hate myself" with "May I be happy, at peace, flourishing in inner well-being." I think it would be good idea to target some bad habits in the same way. For instance when I feel the urge to do some mindless internet surfing, I hold the ball for five minutes. That way I'm bringing little pockets of healthy energy into my life and cultivating a nurturing habit that will hopefully take over and tip the balance from negative habits to positive ones.

This will be especially helpful at those times of the day when I want to sit down and overeat in front of the computer.

Let's try it and see.