Friday, December 4, 2009

Dark night

Dark night of the soul last night. Or dark hour. Lay awake for a while frozen in fear with a vision of a life of poverty, not enough money. Just not enough. I couldn't seem to shake it. And then suddenly my brain shifted not to what I had instead of what I didn't have. I remembered that I have this flowering of peace inside me that I've been developing for the last two month in these morning meditation, and developing for years in my mid morning meditations. I focused on that and my mind shifted eventually from my fears to my sense of security.
This morning I'm tired. I know I'm not getting enough sleep, and I hear a voice telling me I'm depressed. So I decide to take twenty minute to stand and look at the sky. I realize that I am carving a permanent place for peace in my brain, that these morning practices, once established, are less likely to get tossed aside. I'm planting the tree of peace in my brain, and that is the most precious source of abundance that I can have. Greater than any bank account. I know this is true, but it may take some time to feel it.