Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Growing

Note to self: never go back to unhealthy eating habits.

I feel very good.  This despite a cold, a very heavy period, and whatever else may be going wrong in my life.  I feel this core of healthy energy almost effortlessly available to me whenever I need it.
I feel awake, alive, warm inside. Vital.

This morning I woke up early and had a half hour stand.  Then I followed pretty much the same routine as yesterday.  Some first and second position to get the energy going. Some exercises to open up the channels a little more.  And then first position and just watch what happens.

Pretty much the same as yesterday, just stronger.  I feel the energy growing on the right side of my body, lifting my arm to the point where I can easily just allow it to support me. I fell it intermittently flowing up my spine. Sometimes I get distracted by some recent obsession.  But now when that happens, I shift into making the obsessive energy the object of my awareness.  Pretty soon I feel a natural compulsion to return to the more pleasant flow of chi.

Because I've been following the Tergar program, I'm also trying to bring in some compassion.  At one point I started to cry.  It struck me how much of my life had been a turning away from chi, from God, from natural, harmless health and integrity.  I felt like an errant child who had spent my whole life foolishly misbehaving, and harming myself and others.  I cried it out.  All the while still holding on to the energy.  And then I just decided to forgive myself in the same way I would forgive Ben.  I'm not sure I feel this deeply yet.  But it's a start.

Today they start the process of electing a new Pope.  I haven't been a practicing Catholic for many years, but I'm going to pray.  I deeply hope they elect someone who can reconnect the church to people so that it can awaken that powerful global network of love that I believe the Church has the potential to bring forth.

And I hope that I can continue this journey with the same devotion and with the same faith that I once had to this guiding spirit.