Sunday, April 1, 2012

Stress storm

This morning is a tough one.

I'm consumed and distracted with anxiety and mania involving this upcoming court case with my landlady.

I don't have the concentration to stand. Or I don't believe I have the concentration to stand. I'm having some autistic moments.

I try to program my mind into iterated relaxation.

I listen to my hypnotherapy tape.

I try not to panic about my mother coming over today for a birthday dinner.

I repeat my hypnotherapy mantra. I am capable of whatever life throws at me.

I go and re-read my entries on stress.

I discover a post I wrote about going deeper. So I go and set my timer fr 20 minutes of going deeper. Soon enough I am surrounded in magnetic calm. In this place I know that I am capable of letting go of unecessary, debilitating stress.

I know it.

But it's still hard to keep it going throughout the day.

I will remind myself that this calm is available to me whenever I need it today.