Sunday, April 15, 2012

Going outside

For whatever reasons, I just haven't been keeping with the intermediate program I was going to keep to.

Something in me seems bent on scattering my mind to the wind.

So I decided last night it was time to get outside. It's spring. Maybe if I run in the mornings, instead of standing, I'll find I have the energy and vitality to get back to my intermediate practice.

Standing is HARD. The concept is so deceptively easy. Just stand, keep to the program. Let the energy build. But actually maintaining it is a whole other story.

But I have managed to cultivate some pretty strong habits. This morning I was alone running, and as I finished my run, I saw the sun rising.

That sun is familiar to me. It's like a friend. I've had some dark fears lately that maybe I'm spiraling into a depression. But when I'm outside, seeing the sun, I know I have the energy in me to keep it together. I know I have the psychic strength to build a good path for Ben and I.

I know I'm not really alone.