Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Day 3

These things seem to be working to minimize the usual side effects from day 3:  drinking lots of club soda, being careful about fibre, getting some exercise, hot bath.  Okay, yesterday I skipped the hot bath, and I have a long work day today, so I might relax the rules a bit.  I'm also on the road for a couple of days, so maybe not the best decision to do it this week.  But I can adapt.

I can keep off the caffeine.  I might end up eating some gluten.  I can stay vegetarian. I can definitely give up sugar.  I may end up having a beer.

Or not.  The goal here is awareness.  I'm still in the grip of so many compulsions.  But this month I feel like I'm making some progress in letting them go and in building a more stable and resilient mind.

It helps that I've given up Netflix for the month, that I've done some work on my feelings, that I've been thinking more deeply about my values. The only thing I'm detaching from now is food.