Sunday, January 28, 2018

body awareness

Today I'm struggling with frustration, anger, disappointment with someone close to me.  Someone who seems to have lost the will to take care of his body and mind.

It's a challenge to meditate because I haven't slept well.  This week in JOYL1 we are focussing on the body, feeling present, noticing sensations, and as we always do, alternating with objectless meditation.  For most of it, I was in the raw, rigid anger and despair I feel, and being with the belief that my happiness is dependent on whether or not he is happy.

And then for a moment, I was able to pull back and really feel as close to pure awareness. That silky, calm joy.  I felt for a moment that I could be happy even when I was unhappy.  I can be sad that he is making poor choices, but I can know that at the core of my being is a happiness that can not be wrecked by anything or anyone.

The closer I am to that realization, the closer I am to the insight that happiness is and will always be available to him too. The best I may be able to do is hope that he is able to find it.