Sunday, February 18, 2018

Sound and Thought

I seem to be writing less and less.  That's what a full time job can do to your writing and meditation practice.

But I have been sitting.  I've been following Tergar and exploring once again the practices of visual objects, sound and thought as support for meditation.

Sound is always a revelation because of course sound has been the source of a lot of trauma in my life. I was the victim of a lot of screaming and bickering when I was a kid, and I have struggled to spare my son that, but I know I haven't always succeeded. Slowing down and listening to my own words and thoughts has a very strong impact on my growing feeling of well-being.

Then there is thought meditation, the meditation that I''m the worst at.  Or at least that feel is the most challenging for me.

So far my favourite meditation is still "non-meditation."  Don't meditate, don't get lost. Just be aware of what the present feels like, and keep going there.