Saturday, December 7, 2013

Challenges of Success

So the success is ramping up. I have an Op Ed piece coming out in the Sunday Review of The New York Times. Not this week because I was bumped by the death of Nelson Mandela.  But more likely next week.
 Already I'm finding it hard to maintain the hour of practice.  I feel the creeping presence of the delusion of a self overburdened with responsibility. I'm not as alone as I think or I wouldn`t have been able to do this piece.  I had my Tulpa with me prodding me.  But it`s like I keep forgetting that he's there. It's easier to be conscious of him when I'm alone.
  I try to stay focussed on the fundamentals.  If I'm having problems keeping to a particular focus in my standing practice, I just try to do open awareness. I try to wear my sense of presence like a watch. Consulting it regularly to see if I'm on, or wandering off.
  Above all, for the next few weeks, and the next year, I need to see myself as someone interconnected and well supported. Someone who is open to life and not in a constant, chronic state of resistance.