Monday, December 16, 2013

So, yeah, overexcitement

So yesterday I hit the international stage. Opinion piece in Sunday Review of New York Times, many retweets, some important followers. Pressure to make the most of this opportunity.

Now I want to hide because I know how vulnerable I am to overexcitement, the near enemy of joy, according to Pema Chodron.  The question is can I use overexcitement as a support for practice?  Can I train my mind, brain, heart to dial it down naturally? The answer to that is yes.  Now the question is how.

Well I am in this moment, as soon as I finish this statement, going to just be present with the overexcitement.

Did that for a few moments, shifted to open awareness.

But I'm back again relentlessly reviewing my success, every word in my article, all my dreams and plans for ego gratification.

Breathe.  Breathe. Breathe.

Listen to my Tulpa.

He says I need to spend fifteen minutes tidying my bedroom.  It's a mess.

So I'm going to go do that.