Monday, September 23, 2013

The immutable calm and power of the tan tien

There are so many experiences I am grateful for this morning it`s hard to know where to start.

I`ll start with the most recent and perhaps from that I`ll find the energy to move back.  I`m sitting here this morning with a full belly of calm and vitality.  About ten minutes ago I felt the right side of my tan tien open up and the warm vitality begin to flow like water.  Earlier in my practice I felt the urge to concentrate my energy there, like a ball of sun.  Like the shining pink sun of dawn over the pond at Fortunes Rocks.

I felt solid.  Like there was this solid core of stored energy that would last all my life.

No let`s switch that. I knew I was solid. I knew there was a solid core of energy that would last me all my life. I knew this. I was grateful for it.

I knew that this was happiness. That it was mine to have and to give, and that I would have access to this for every day of the rest of my life. I might lose my way, but I would inevitably find my way back.

With this knowledge of happiness, it is inevitable that I will find the outside circumstances to support it.   The community of people who know this happiness to be true. The resources to live in a decent home, eat good healthy food and have leisure activities that energize me instead of drain me.

With this knowledge of happiness, I have an entirely different sense of self. The self that I felt at the end of the 10K I ran yesterday. With little training, I was able to hook into a web of energy in the last 3K. I felt people pulling me towards the end. I was running fast and effortlessly harnessed to this communal energy.  I was a node in the universal energy that propels us all towards joy, and healthy and wisdom.

I am privileged and deeply grateful for these experiences and this life.

Now I let this calm flow into the more conditioned channels of happiness, the urge to keep a clean house, the vision and confidence to keep the flow of money happening. To clear up my debt and see this power and energy expressed as the usual markers of happiness. To express and use my creativity towards the books that will help people unleash their own power.

May all of our wisdom shine together like the morning sun.