Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Heartburn

I had a strange outcome in practice this morning.

All week I`ve been feeling the regeneration of my gut, but this morning it was flooded with an almost alchemical memory of the bile I've been living with much of my life.  Rather than the warm, pleasant energy I've been experiencing deep in my core, I became aware of how angry and afraid I've been in a place deeper than muscle memory.   This is liver memory.  Or something like that.  I feel a wave of vague heartburn in my heart.

It's strange because I'm not sick.  I can actually feel it coming from a place of health.  Like the way you have to confront grime and grunge when you feel a strong determination to clean under a sink. It's like I'm going into my emotional plumbing.  Even my emotional septic tank.

It's not a comfortable place, but it's kind of exciting, because I don't really know what's at the other side.

If I work through this bilious feeling, is there a deeper purification that I'm about to taste?