Monday, May 24, 2021

new new words

incubated:  the feeling of being in  my tidied bedroom, where new growth has a chance to grow beyond a traumatic sprout. 


Yesterday I wrote about my project of coming up with new words for new feelings. Like incrementum, for the feeling after taking a baby step towards the recovery of healthy energy. 

When I started this journal thirteen years ago, and then abandoned it a few months later, and then started writing in it again, I wrote about the phenomenon of traumatic sprouts. The re-growth in a tree after there's been trauma, and the challenge of maintaining that re-growth. 

Right now my clean bedroom feels like a fragile environment.  I've rarely been able to sustain this environment for an extended period, and I wonder what impact that has on my ability to thrive and sustain success. 

I hope by identifying the feeling of being incubated, and maintaining that emotion, that the energy that I grow here will become more stable.