Sunday, May 16, 2021

Equanimity now

A self-directed mini-retreat yesterday. 

I spent a lot of time focussing on the sensations on my skin, keeping my attention to low arousal energy. I takes less effort to maintain, so brings me into calm more quickly. 

I listened to a long and short Goenka led meditation.  Keeping in mind the objective of equanimity, I found that place of balance in my brain, when I feel the truth of 360 peripheral understanding of how well supported we all are by the universe.  When we enter that zone and let go, being is effortless.

Remembering that place, remembering the core purpose and value of our brain, balance and equanimity, is the challenge. 

It's a huge challenge because it means devoting yourself to something that seems colourless, flavourless, affectless, but is in fact the light that brightens, sweetens and awakens all that is good.