Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Fast-- Day 5

I'm going to end this fast tomorrow.

It's been a great experiment.  I've lost a surprising amount of weight.  I've been able to work well with a clear mind.  But I'm still hungry!  Not ravenous, but I'm tired of it. 

I haven't had the upsurge in energy that everyone claims, although I feel quite stable, and that's nice.  This may be because I'd already switched to a low carb healthy fat diet a couple of weeks before, so already had that keytone rush experience (which I remember mostly as insomnia!)

I have a couple of meetings tomorrow and I want to feel sharp, so I plan to transition very slowly.  I also plan to continue intermittent fasting so that I can continue to lose weight and get closer to what is considered healthy.

Feeling pretty healthy now though, and I didn't have to run a 10K for it.