Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Fast--Day 4

Hoped I'd wake up on day 4 feeling magically free of hunger, like everyone says you do.

In my case, everyone is wrong.  I'm hungry.  Not ravenous, but in a dull ache kind of way. The kind of hunger you feel around 11 a.m.  I'm feeling at 6 a.m.

But other than that I'm feeling aware.  Like I'm waking up from a dream in which I was ravenously hungry, but it was something of a delusion.

An hour later after coffee and a litre of water, I feel better. Not hungry, light and relaxed.  Feeling ready to grow.

I looked in the mirror after brushing my teeth and said to myself "you're never going to be fat again." It felt like a fact.  It was a fact.

Later in the day I had coffee with my brother.  We had a quite emotional conversation about my mother, but I felt very even keeled.