Saturday, July 2, 2016

An Adventure in Running Still

In my running I'm trying to focus more on accessing that ease that comes usually around the 3K mark.  The tendons and muscles loosen, my belly fills with oxygen, and that pole of energy keeps me in an effortless symbiosis with gravity propelling me forward.

I've also been using some slightly fluffy hypnosis tapes to imagine myself running freely with my pack of animals: horses, dogs, antelope. We're all galloping along in our prime.

The greatest challenge to this is shifting myself out of the obsessive, bickery mode I'm currently in because I have more work than usual and am feeling unusually stressed and overwhelmed.  If I could see more clearly how anger cuts me off from my smarter more competent self, shifting out of this would probably be more intuitive.

And then my running would become simply a deeper more energizing meditation.  Almost as through I were standing still, while moving.