Sunday, June 3, 2012

Back To Standing

I'm back. 

The desire to stand has returned, now that my financial stress is somewhat buffered by the deal with my landlady.  I'm still anxious about my financial future, but I can pay my rent.  Or rather, won't have to pay my rent this summer, and next.

More and more when I hear that nagging question "what do I want more than anything in the world" the answer I am giving is "well-being".  I want wellbeing for myself, for Ben, for my family, and for everyone.   I want to be well and I want to live in a world where people can be well.   I can't force them to be well, but I can help them to be well.   And I can only do that if I am well myself.

Last week I started a course on Human Computer Interaction.  Our first assignment is called needfinding.    It's a wonderful assignment because not only does it direct my attention to other people's needs, I realize that in identifying the needs of others we are often alerting ourselves to our own needs. 

This is what I want to do from now on:

Build software that will prompt me to change my habits to create well being.

Build software that will prompt me to stand.