Sunday, June 10, 2012

Focus

Hard to stand this morning.  Maybe it's because I'm in the second week of this design course. My vision of my future is all over the place.  Makes rooting difficult.

One minute it's book.  Next minute it's software.   Standing's not even in there.

But maybe this is a natural stage in the process of designing my future. I'm coming up with alternatives, a bunch of prototypes.  I'm comparing them all and in time I'll settle on the one I think is right.

I don't want standing to make me rigid.   I want it to be the source of my vitality.

Above all I don't want it to be a source of shame.

Maybe I'm too attached to one vision of my future. Maybe this is a time to open up my mind to several alternatives 

Maybe I need someone to help me evaluate?

Or maybe I just need to put the timer on and stand and stop being at the mercy of all this confusion.

I'm a programmer.  I don't make my decisions based on my feelings.  I make them based on my needs.

What do I need right now?

Mindful energy, power, diligence.