Monday, January 11, 2010

I'm happy

As long as I can remember, and still after a fairly rigorous meditation practice, on and off, I've always had intrusive thoughts telling me I'm depressed. Today for the first time I can remember I had and intrusive thought telling me I'm happy.

A lot of that, I think, has to do with getting a good sleep. I have had nights where I wake up in the middle of the night and can't get back to sleep. But last couple of nights I've slept through the eight hours I gave myself, and it does feel really good.

Been reading Jeffrey Schwartz The Mind and the Brain. Had a theory yesterday that just as I used to have intrusive negative thoughts when I was suffering from OCD as my brain becomes healthier I will start having intrustive positive thoughts. Intrusive silence, intrusive peace, intrusive happiness. Then positive mental health will be my driving force.