Sunday, December 22, 2019

The end of worry

A lot of changes this year.


  • I lost 30 lbs and kept 25 of it off. In large part because of a mindful eating app!
  • Because of my understanding of insulin, I feel confident that I can keep it off for the rest of my life.
  • I started understanding hormones and the role they play in emotional and physiological balance

  • I've had some big insights into how meditation mediates my body and my brain, increasing my serotonin, decreasing my cortisol. 
  • I've been able to bring my insights from the ERN program, I have more  embodied awareness about the effect of cleaning routines, or lack of.
  • I can physically feel how anxiety is connected to the medial prefrontal cortex, the storifying part of the brain, the default network. 
  • I have a growing, embodied awareness of what it is like and what life would be like, not being mediated by this part of the brain. 
  • I'm much better at recognizing spikes in cortisol and dopamine, and in dialing it down.
  • I seem to work well with an OKR plan (three aspirational objectives, and measuring progress with key results.)
  • I know I want to be motivated by the four immeasurable qualities (compassion, lovingkindness, joy and equanimity) not anxiety.