Sunday, April 7, 2019

Belief

From my morning practice journal:

It's hard to live with less thought, less belief in the storylines constantly being built in my heard.  But I get up every morning and meditate because I believe in something. I believe that cultivating calm leads to happiness. I believe in happiness. I believe that happiness is possible for all. I believe in the power of equanimity.  I believe that my peace can benefit and impact others.  I believe in the same way that my parents' hatred impacted me, my love can impact Ben and everyone in my life.  So I mediate and I write.
  What do I believe about writing?  I believe that it is a technology that can have a positive impact on life, and a negative one. I believe that it can make communication possible, that it can contribute to a conversation that will keep us sane and peaceful. That writing, optimized, can bring us to happiness. I believe.  So I write.  I get up every morning and I write and I hope that my clarity of mind will express itself in these words.  That my fine motor skills will develop into some kind of satisfying flow of mental effort. That this effort will encourage others to put effort into their lives.  I believe in the breath and in the fundamentals of life.  So I write because I hope that it is the expression of a clear mind an an open heart and an emerging wisdom and I hope that this wisdom will be useful to others.  I hope that I can be anchor so I want to see how this ritual will be an anchor for me.