Sunday, January 6, 2019

The Wave

So a few days ago I had an exceptional mind flipping meditation.

And then on cue, a wave of craving hit, Netflix binging on Billie Bob Thornton's washed up alcoholic redemption series.  So, yesterday morning I'm struggling with a splintered chaotic mind.

The one thing I had going for me, apart from my years of meditation practice, was a tidy room.  I sought refuge. Meditated when I felt the craving hit. Examined my options like reading a revolutionary book on How Emotions Are Made by Lisa Feldman Barrett, instead of defaulting to Netflix.  And ended up in bed at 10 p.m.

I feel the fruits this morning, feeling a palpable shift from right brain to left brain awareness.

Making more room for healthy energy in my life, literally means making a room for it.