Sunday, February 5, 2017

Year 10

In December of this year it will be a decade since I started this blog.

It certainly feels like a decade. And yet, here I am, starting another round. I started writing this with an inkling that zhan zhuang might be the purpose of my life. Then I promptly abandoned my three year practice, re-starting from a very humble place a year later.   It did bring me back to beginners mind and then a strong six months of solid practice.  I changed.  And then I let go again, struggling with something of a midlife crisis. The ZZ was spotty, but I did keep up the writing. Transitioned into sitting practice for a while, developing the more spiritual elements of meditation practice. Did some running, which has kept the chi building in me, even while I stopped my formal standing practice for too long.

Last week I sat down, did my best to look into the future, and what I saw there was the fruits of this blog, and my standing practice. This is where I need to be. And where I need to stay for the next ten years. No more breaks. This is what I do.