Monday, June 13, 2016

The Taste of Purification

I seem to be processing a lot of insecurity this month. Doing a different job. Dealing with people who are probably more insecure than I am.

In the past my habit has been to try and find a way out of dealing with people whose insecurities only add to my own. Recently I'm trying to find ways to enjoy transcending their insecurities. But yesterday I realized on my long run that I'm still expending too much energy trying to wrestle with my own.

I don't need to wrestle.  I have the ability to deal with my insecurities mindfully and let them lessen gradually through that process. I have few doubts in this process anymore. I've experienced its rewards too many times.

The hard part for me is to stay present in my own emotional problems long enough to feel them resolve. Or maybe the better word is often enough.  I'm still having a problem cultivating the "short times, many times" approach.

So for this week my intention is to catch myself reacting or obsessing about other people's insecurities and just enjoying the process of letting that habit go.

In time, I hope, this habit will be replaced with the stream of lucid consciousness that I know is there, available to me always.