Friday, July 11, 2014

Skin Pocket

Had a very interesting meditation experience today.

As per my JOL 3 curriculum I've been meditating on timeless awareness.  It's been pleasant, and trippy, but eventually I decided to just rest in open awareness.

Soon I felt my energy begin to expand.  Really expand.  Expand to the point where I started to feel like a kind of giant spiritual jellyfish with a very thin membrane separating me from the timelessness, limitless ether, that is really who "I" am.

It didn't burst. But my consciousness started to ponder.  "So, what am I going to do for the rest in my life in this skin pocket."

Suddenly I started laughing and laughing.  "Skin pocket," I found myself repeating and again and again, each time sending me into another wave of helpless laughter.   As I returned to ordinary awareness, which now felt like it would never be ordinary awareness again, I kept imagining myself going through the rest of my life referring to myself as my "skin pocket."

It was so true.

That's all I really am.  Just a skin pocket for this consciousness inside me and outside me.

Hahahahaha.

Wonder if I'll ever stop laughing at this.