Sunday, March 23, 2014

Sleep

I've been sleeping better. Going to bed listening to guided loving kindness meditations by Sharon Salzberg and Bodhipaksa. Now in the morning I have those voices in my head, alerting me to the energy in my heart.

Still.  I'm feeling restless. Maybe the anxiety of the waning moon.  I don't feel like writing this morning, sure Ben will be waking up any morning.  I do this more out of duty that a real passion for the truth.

I've been feeling that way recently about my practice.  I'm not doing the full hour.  I'm feeling the call of work and things that need to be thought about and worried about.  I don't want to lose my formal practice.  I know from this journal what happens once I let my practice go, whenever I feel like I'm getting somewhere.

I need the insight that practice gives me. Even if it's insight into my state of restlessness.

Ah Ben is up.