Sunday, January 13, 2013

Home

I've been keeping to fifty minutes this week and hitting that sweet spot in my brain again.  This morning there was a feeling that I recognized when I reach this point that I'm going to start referring to as home.
  The home I grew up in was rife with tension, hostility, emotional and mental instability. I've carried that with me wherever I've gone in my life.  I've carried that tension in my body, in my dreams, and carried it forward into my relationships.  Now I risk passing it on to my son.
  That quiet, restful place in my brain that I reach once the magnetic energy starts flowing is the only place I've ever felt relieved of this. It's why I keep coming back to it again and again.

I realized this morning that this is my home.  This is my safe place.  This has always been my safe place.  In Maine, I would reach this safe place while walking on the beach.  When I was living on deBullion, I would reach it by walking on the Mountain.  

In the last seven years, I've been blessed to reach it here, in this kitchen and by the pond at Jarry. I remember a few years ago, when I got the first notice about having my apartment taken back, I had an insight that it didn't matter because I had a home.  This stability is my home.