Monday, August 3, 2015

The Future

I'm in the last week of my cleanse.  So it's time to start imagining the better future that I want to have as the result of unhooking from my compulsions.

I know I feel better when I'm eating simple nutritious vegetarian food.  I always have, I always will. So I need to start seeing myself make that shift.  I need to see myself reading the books that support that shift. I need to see myself as someone who has made that commitment.

I need to start seeing myself as part of the vegetarian community and imagine how much more stable and satisfying my life would be.

It's not a solution to all my problems. But it's certainly a important step towards the risk of obesity in my family. And it's an important step in becoming an activist for a kinder more compassionate world.