Sunday, February 15, 2015

The Problem

So reforming my evening ritual is proving to be much more challenging than I expected.

I'm still watching 9 o'clock television.  I'm half committed to having kitchen cleaned at 7 p.m., to meditating in the evening.  Last night, I was up until 2 p.m. with some new show I'd discovered.

This morning I'm able to do a compassion meditation. But it's rocky.

What is the one thing that I could do every evening that would prime me towards a more peaceful, restful evening and sleep?

Or the one thing I could do every morning. In one of my favourite self-help books, it is recommended that we review our personal mission statement every morning before we make our daily plan, so that this mission becomes active in us.

Earlier this year I wrote a mission statement that included generating well being through early bedtime and book writing.  This week I'm going to review that statement as part of my daily plan.

Let's see if that's enough to help me avoid the temptations of prime time TV.