Monday, November 10, 2014

Deconstructing Emotions

This week I start to deconstruct all the things that emotions are dependent upon.

Of course the tendency is to start with the unpleasant emtions, shame, anger, self-hatred, boredom, anxiety.

One of the things that has struck me so far is how much emotions are dependent on the interplay of stillness and motion. Shame and self hatred feel as still and solid of rocks in my body.  But they are of course dependent on the movement of unhappy memories and judgemental thoughts.  Whereas happiness feel fleeting, but it's dependent on cultivating that deep feeling of stillness and stability in the gut.

Or what I've come to start calling the nucleus.  I've been getting this feeling lately of expansion, with the growing energy in my tan tien as centre to all the power and energy in my body.

Tolle calls stillness a more advanced intelligence.  And that's certainly what it feel like.  As though if I could be dependent on this, instead of thoughts and emotions to drive me, I would be operating from a more sophisticated level.