Sunday, December 2, 2012

Standing or Writing

For the last many years now, I've struggling with a choice between two loves.  Standing and writing.  If I could only do one upon waking.  If I should only do one upon waking, which should it be.  And also, why do I think it's a choice. A do or die choice?
It's like my life has always been set up as a double bind choice.  Which parent do I choose mother or father.  Which path do I choose artistic, or economically satisfying.  I've believed all my life I had to choose, but I did I?
 In the end, I never really had to choose between my parents.
 Do I have to choose between standing and writing? Can they be different forms of meditation that I use depending on what I'm cultivating at the moment. The core loop is meditation. Or rather the core loop is awareness, whether I achieve it through writing or standing isn't as important as keeping to the core loop.
  All the rest is background.