Monday, November 22, 2010

Day 3

In this segment, Professor Yu speaks about watching the marvels of change as we practice standing. I've found this to be true whenever I've remained committed to this practice, that I've witnessed changes in my body, connections to energy, feelings and alterations of consciousness that are beyond anything I could ever imagine.

Far more interesting that television, reading, even travel, although doing Zhan Zhuang does not exclude the doing of any of these things.

I hope this blog can be a record of my changes.

Today I feel the tingling of energy returning to my Tan Tien. I'm really enjoying the process of just observing energy in Wu Chi position. As the years go by I become more sensitive to the energy that flows through me just in the basic standing position. I wonder if the rewards of standing still are an evolutionary process. Those who can stand still do stand a better chance of survival, they make less noise, they can blend in to the forest. They can observe and have a better sense of what's around them. They have the discipline of being quiet. These amazing feelings that flow through us, are these rewards for developing this survival skill?