Saturday, July 1, 2023

Anytime Anywhere


This weekend I attend the launch of the Anytime Anywhere Meditation program, which I've committed myself to teaching. 

I'm making this a retreat weekend, so last night no streaming.  I sat with my insomnia, my desire to sleep, my anxiety at not being able to sleep. 

And then it hit me. AAN is about letting the default mind do what it wants to do, and just being present with that. I let go of the need for clear mind, tummo, all the things I've been bearing down on and just let my mind go. I was asleep within the hour. 

It was a bit of a spirograph moment, this realization that I'm really not trying to shut down the PFC. The yada, yada, yada can just keep yada-ing. 

My job as a teacher is to convey that moment. 

Meanwhile, I can feel distraction and bliss at the same time!