Sunday, September 11, 2022

Identity

It struck me yesterday the impact of our sense of identity on our habit energy.  When I quit smoking that happened because I stopped seeing myself as a smoker. If I'm going to quit suffering, I need to stop seeing myself as a sufferer. 

I need to stop seeing myself as someone who is trapped, helpless, unable to transfer my knowledge and strength to others. I need to stop seeing myself as weak, vulnerable and isolated. I need to stop seeing myself as inconsequential to others. 

And then to thrive, I need to start seeing myself as what I am, buddah nature. I need to trust that nature to lead me to where I can lead.  I need to embody this sense of self. And I need to let myself transform as a result of this embodiment. 

This embodiement can be my default.